Thursday, July 14, 2005

Spite Club is Tonight!

Had a great show on Tuesday night. Other comics didn't fare so well.

The crowd was sizeable, but a lot of them were chattering and weren't paying attention. That makes things very, very difficult for a comedian. A lot of us were having trouble controlling the atmosphere. Even John Rabon, the headliner, was fairly hard to hear among the ambient noise. Still, about half the room was paying attention, and he was getting a lot of laughs from them.

For my set, when I saw how unruly the crowd was, I decided to ditch the guitar comedy bits and instead go into my Sgt. Hardwick. He screams, and doesn't use the microphone. He's also very, very funny. I felt like I had the best set of the night (not counting Rabon), although Sean Kerry had a great one too.

Later that night, during karaoke, Todd Merriman and I started trading insults in preparation for our Spite Club round, coming up tonight. That's gonna be some really, really funny shit. I'm a little nervous about my freestyle round, though, when I'm going to be doing an interpretive dance based on the life of Todd Merriman, set to the music of Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by Bach. I haven't rehearsed it in front of anyone, and the first thing you learn about comedy is you never know what's funny until somebody else laughs.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home